1/1 Photo of Barbecue or Oven Baked Pizza Bread
Easy to make pizza bread starting with a loaf of French bread or you could also use kaiser rolls or other bakery buns. Great for lunch or dinner, or cut into smaller slices for appetizers. You can bake it in the oven, or cook the hamburger first and make it on the barbecue. You can change the seasonings to taste and add other favorite pizza toppings if you like. Times given are for the oven method. Additional time is required to cook the hamburger for the barbecue method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise (20 inches)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons white sugar or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stuffed olives, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1FOR THE OVEN:.
- 2Cut the loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves on a greased baking sheet.
- 3Combine uncooked beef, tomato paste, sugar, olives, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt, oregano and pepper.
- 4Spread mixture to the edges of the cut surfaces of the bread.
- 5Bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes or until meat is well done.
- 6Top with mozzarella or cheddar cheese; return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 7Cut into thick slices to serve.
- 8FOR THE BARBECUE:.
- 9Precook the hamburger; drain excess grease. Combine cooked meat with the remaining ingredients, including grated cheese.
- 10Spread the cooked meat mixture over the cut surfaces of the bread.
- 11Wrap each half in heavy-duty foil and heat until warm and cheeses are melted.
- 12Cut into thick slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue or Oven Baked Pizza Bread
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 972.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: