Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful snack, something for the kids after school, or a munchie during the football game.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 count) can biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown beef and drain.
- Add onion, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, ketchup, and chili powder.
- Simmer mixture while preparing biscuits.
- Flatten each biscuit into a disk.
- Place biscuits in greased muffin pan.
- Add a spoonful of beef mixture to each biscuit.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
Pretty much followed the recipe although I was very generous with the cheddar cheese on top! These made a nice lunch along with a bowl of soup, & we managed to munch on them throughout the day! Addictive, for sure! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
These should be called mini sloppy joes in a muffin! They are wonderful and so easy to prepare. Perfect blend of spices so that everyone could enjoy them. Used for an afterschool snack with some hungry teenage boys and they are all gone! Almost like magic - they waved their hands and they all disappeared!! Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe again WC. Made during Zaar Stars tag game.
These were great to munch on during the football games ion Sunday! I like that the sauce is sweet and not spicy or tangy, reminded me of sloppy joes. Will make these again; may try cutting the biscuits in half and reshaping to use in a mini-muffin pan for an appie. Made for Week 10 Football Pool win 2010.