Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Lovely hot or cold
Make and share this Barbecue Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g sausage meat
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 25 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients together and shape into a loaf.
- Put into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 180C degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour sauce over and return to oven, bake for a further 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- -----Barbecue Sauce-----.
- Combine all and simmer 5 minutes.
- You can double sauce if wished.
This is a great meatloaf! Very similar to the recipe my mother made that I have been trying to perfect. The BBQ sauce even has the instant coffee in it!! Thanks to this recipe I think I can go back and adapt my recipe to get it even closer to mums orginal. Thanks evie
My DH claimed this is the best meat loaf he had ever tasted. I halved the recipe but did not use sausage meat (out of preference). I omitted parsley but added 1 tbsp chopped basil, 1 tbsp chopped mint, and 1 tsp oregano (our fav herb trio). Also threw in 1 clove of garlic. Other than that followed the recipe exactly. The sauce was yummy and I did the full recipe - had planned to use the balance as a sauce on the side but really did not need it as the meat loaf was tasty and moist enough. I baked mine for 15 minutes before taking it out and pouring some of the sauce over, and then putting it back in the oven for 20 minutes more. The sauce was heavenly and meat loaf turned out moist. Will be doing this over and over again. Thanks Evie.
Evie*, this meatloaf is definitely a keeper! I followed the recipe to a "T" and we ended up with a delicious, tasty, moist meatloaf! Since there's only two of us, we've got lots left but we both love cold meatloaf sandwiches! Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Evie!