Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request
Make and share this Barbecue Meat Sauced Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
Barbecue Meat Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef (80% lean)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup smoky tomato-based barbecue sauce (such as Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons plain yellow mustard
- hot dog, grilled
- hot dog bun, toasted
- grated cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- Make the sauce: in a deep large frying pan, heat the olive oil; saute the onion over medium heat just until is starts to soften.
- Crumble the beef into the pan and stir with a slotted spoon to break it up as much as possible.
- Cook beef and onions over low heat, continuing to stir with the slotted spoon, just until the beef is lightly browned.
- Add in the garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients; mix well; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick.
- *Freezes well for one month.
- Assembly: Place grilled hot dogs on the toasted buns; top with the Barbecue Meat Sauce, cheese, and onions; serve immediately.