Posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Barbecue Meat Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef (80% lean)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup smoky tomato-based barbecue sauce (such as Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons plain yellow mustard
- 1Make the sauce: in a deep large frying pan, heat the olive oil; saute the onion over medium heat just until is starts to soften.
- 2Crumble the beef into the pan and stir with a slotted spoon to break it up as much as possible.
- 3Cook beef and onions over low heat, continuing to stir with the slotted spoon, just until the beef is lightly browned.
- 4Add in the garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 5Add in remaining ingredients; mix well; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick.
- 6*Freezes well for one month.
- 7Assembly: Place grilled hot dogs on the toasted buns; top with the Barbecue Meat Sauce, cheese, and onions; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Meat Sauced Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (1497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 892.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 35.5 g