Barbecue Meat Sauced Hot Dogs
- Make the sauce: in a deep large frying pan, heat the olive oil; saute the onion over medium heat just until is starts to soften.
- Crumble the beef into the pan and stir with a slotted spoon to break it up as much as possible.
- Cook beef and onions over low heat, continuing to stir with the slotted spoon, just until the beef is lightly browned.
- Add in the garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients; mix well; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick.
- *Freezes well for one month.
- Assembly: Place grilled hot dogs on the toasted buns; top with the Barbecue Meat Sauce, cheese, and onions; serve immediately.