Recipe by Heather Beldin
I make this for bbqs and guest gobble them up before I can get to one..lol.. try them and I know you wont be disappointed. Prep time includes marinating.
Top Review by Queenofcamping
I don't know what went wrong with these but they just did not turn out very good for us. I marinated for 1 hour then hubby grilled and we used fresh shrimp. They did not have any flavor for us.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package frozen peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed (I like to use fresh shrimp too that is delicious)
- 1 package maple flavored bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl stir together lemon juice, teriyaki marinade, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place shrimp in plastic bag set in shallow pan.
- Pour lemon juice mixture over shrimp.
- Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds.
- In a skillet cook bacon, 1/4 at a time.
- Just 3 to 5 min.
- or until bacon starts to brown on edges, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Drain shrimp.
- Discard marinade.
- Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon.
- Thread bacon-wrapped shrimp on 8 small metal skewers.
- Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium hot coals for 8-10min.
- or until shrimp turns opaque, turning once.