Recipe by Debbie R.
I liked these a lot. From the American Diabetes Association. Serve it with some cornbread, and I'm pretty sure you've got a complete protein fixed up.
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried lima beans (1/2 lb.)
- 1 ham bone or 1 ham hock
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in soup pot with ham bone or hock. Add 3 cups water and boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover; let stand one hour.
- Drain beans, saving 1 cup liquid. Combine beans and reserved liquid with everything else.
- Bake at 300°F in a 1.25-quart casserole for 2.25 hours, uncovering the last 30 minutes.
- More liquid may be added if necessary, so keep an eye on it.