Recipe by 2Bleu
This recipe uses a whole chicken barbecued in the oven. Bring the outdoors in with this winner. Adapted from Kraftfoods.
Top Review by Ackman
This was OK...not as impressed with it as I had hoped. I think if you were to reduce the lemon zest to just one lemon, it would be better, 'cause 2 makes the sauce bitter..or maybe add some honey or brown sugar to the sauce. IDK if I'll make this again or not. THANKS for sharing, though!
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or Mrs Dash)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 whole chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cut zested lemons in half, squeeze out juice into a small bowl and set aside halves. Add zest, barbecue sauce, and seasonings to the lemon juice; mix well.
- Place chicken in baking pan. Place 2 of the lemon halves along with the mashed cloves of garlic and roesmary sprig into the cavity of the chicken.
- Rub skin of chicken all over with remaining 2 lemon halves and discard. Tie legs together with twine.
- Bake 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through to 170F brushing with the barbecue sauce mixture every 5 min during the last 20 minutes of baking.
- Remove chicken from oven, and discard lemon halves and garlic cloves from chicken cavity. Skim fat from drippings in pan, and serve with the chicken.