1/4 Photos of Barbecue Lemon Chicken in the Oven
2 hrs 10 mins
This recipe uses a whole chicken barbecued in the oven. Bring the outdoors in with this winner. Adapted from Kraftfoods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Cut zested lemons in half, squeeze out juice into a small bowl and set aside halves. Add zest, barbecue sauce, and seasonings to the lemon juice; mix well.
- 2Place chicken in baking pan. Place 2 of the lemon halves along with the mashed cloves of garlic and roesmary sprig into the cavity of the chicken.
- 3Rub skin of chicken all over with remaining 2 lemon halves and discard. Tie legs together with twine.
- 4Bake 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through to 170F brushing with the barbecue sauce mixture every 5 min during the last 20 minutes of baking.
- 5Remove chicken from oven, and discard lemon halves and garlic cloves from chicken cavity. Skim fat from drippings in pan, and serve with the chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Lemon Chicken in the Oven
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.6
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 757.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 57.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of