Recipe by amanda l b
Using my favourite ingredients, this warm salad comes together beautifully and is a wonderful mix of flavours and colour. Take this basic concept and add other grilled vegetables, or swap the lamb for chicken. The ingredients are for 2 generous serves. For a lower fat version, halve the oil, and omit it from the marinade mixture, instead spray the lamb with spray oil and then marinade in vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and garlic.
- 400 g lamb fillets or 400 g boneless lamb loin
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml chopped oregano or 14.79 ml thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red capsicum
- 100 g mixed lettuce leaves
- 12 kalamata olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Place half the mixture to one side. To the remaining mixture, add the garlic and oregano. Mix further and pour over the lamb pieces. Marinade the lamb for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- While the lamb is marinading, grill the capsicum over or below an open flame until the skin turns black and blisters. Carefully remove the capsicum (it will be hot!) and place in a plastic bag for 5 minutes, sealing the top of the bag to trap the steam. Remove the capsicum from the bag and hold under cold running water and carefully remove the blackend skin. Cut the capsicum into strips and set aside.
- Grill or barbecue the lamb on preheated hotplate for 5 minutes each side, basting with marinade. Let the lamb 'rest' for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the lettuce, capsicum, fetta and olives as a 'stack' on each plate.
- Add the lamb peices to the top of the lamb, and pour over the remaining oil and vinegar mixture.