1/2 Photos of Barbecue Lamb on Mediterranean Salad
amanda l b's Note:
Using my favourite ingredients, this warm salad comes together beautifully and is a wonderful mix of flavours and colour. Take this basic concept and add other grilled vegetables, or swap the lamb for chicken. The ingredients are for 2 generous serves. For a lower fat version, halve the oil, and omit it from the marinade mixture, instead spray the lamb with spray oil and then marinade in vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Place half the mixture to one side. To the remaining mixture, add the garlic and oregano. Mix further and pour over the lamb pieces. Marinade the lamb for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- 2While the lamb is marinading, grill the capsicum over or below an open flame until the skin turns black and blisters. Carefully remove the capsicum (it will be hot!) and place in a plastic bag for 5 minutes, sealing the top of the bag to trap the steam. Remove the capsicum from the bag and hold under cold running water and carefully remove the blackend skin. Cut the capsicum into strips and set aside.
- 3Grill or barbecue the lamb on preheated hotplate for 5 minutes each side, basting with marinade. Let the lamb 'rest' for 5 minutes.
- 4Assemble the lettuce, capsicum, fetta and olives as a 'stack' on each plate.
- 5Add the lamb peices to the top of the lamb, and pour over the remaining oil and vinegar mixture.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Lamb on Mediterranean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.4
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 40.3 g