Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a great way to mix up the traditional preparation of hot dogs. Kids love it and adults enjoy the unique approach. Vegetarians can substitute hot dogs with soy wieners.
- 8 hot dogs (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Prick each wiener with a fork.
- Place wieners into a greased casserole dish.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over wieners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
My husband and I liked these, the bbq sauce was tasty. Also a great quick meal, thanks!
This was simple & really "retro" good. Reminds me of my 50's childhood meals. I added 2 tablespoons more water to make a little more sauce.
We included this dish in our Super Bowl nibblies and everyone liked it. Thank you!