Recipe by Munchkin Mama
I love this recipe. It is similar to a sloppy joe. What makes it different is the addition of the veggies, which can be disguised if chopped small enough. I like to make in bulk and freeze in quart bags for OAMC.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned (about 5 c. cooked)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine celery and carrots in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover and cook until tender. Set aside but dont drain water.
- Brown meat with onions, stirring constantly. Drain if there is a lot of fat.
- Combine all ingredients including veggies and water together in a large pot. Let mixture simmer for 30 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Serve on hamburger buns.