- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 453.59 g halibut steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce.
- Discard remaining basting sauce.
- For extra sauce on the side, I usually double recipe for the sauce, and reserve some in a separate dish prior to basting the fish.