1/1 Photo of Barbecue Halibut or Salmon Steaks
A simple recipe for barbecued halibut or salmon. Soy sauce and brown sugar add a special zip that is uncommonly delicious. This recipe was found on the internet and is credited to Duane Glende.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- 2Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan.
- 3Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Lightly oil grill grate.
- 5Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce.
- 7Discard remaining basting sauce.
- 8For extra sauce on the side, I usually double recipe for the sauce, and reserve some in a separate dish prior to basting the fish.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Halibut or Salmon Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 595.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 43.2 g