Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple recipe for barbecued halibut or salmon. Soy sauce and brown sugar add a special zip that is uncommonly delicious. This recipe was found on the internet and is credited to Duane Glende.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce.
- Discard remaining basting sauce.
- For extra sauce on the side, I usually double recipe for the sauce, and reserve some in a separate dish prior to basting the fish.
It was so yummy! Make it!
I could have drank the sauce by itself! A definite keeper!
I used this on halibut and it tasted as good as it looked when it came off the grill. Definitely make the extra sause for dipping - everyone enjoyed it.