- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) halibut steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Lightly oil grill grate.
- Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce.
- Discard remaining basting sauce.
- For extra sauce on the side, I usually double recipe for the sauce, and reserve some in a separate dish prior to basting the fish.