Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Polish sausage and potatoes, flavored with onion and fresh rosemary, cooked in foil. You can also bake the packets in the oven.
- 1 lb lean kielbasa, cut in 2 inch thick slices
- 2 large red potatoes, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil, 18 x 16 inches
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Place kielbasa, potatoes and onion on a double layer of foil and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary and toss.
- Fold edges of foil together to seal packet.
- Cover and grill 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
I'm a stay-at-home mom with 3 little girls and a husband who travels ALOT! This is such a great meal to prepare and serve when my husband is gone (and home). It's easy, tasty, and there's little clean up involved. During the cold winter months I bake this in the oven at 375 for an hour and it comes out perfect. Thanks for a simple, super meal!
Great recipe...it reminds me of something we used to make at camp called a HOBO meal. I made mine in the oven since it's January in Minnesota and they turned out great. I added brussel sprouts and substituted leeks for onions since I had them. Baked at 400 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. The fam loved them and it was easy clean up!
I made this tonight out on our BBQ and it was great. I layered the packets with the potatoes on the bottom, sprinkled some fresh chopped garlic and fresh rosemary. I then placed the kielbasa on top of that. I sprinkled thinly sliced onion over the sausage and topped with grated cheddar cheese. I can't wait to make these next time we go camping.