Recipe by Oolala
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. 3 points per slice. No liquid is needed to cook this in the crock pot, the foil does the trick and the glaze makes it look less pale in color.
Top Review by GiddyUpGo
I'm giving this recipe five stars because I can't believe how close it tastes to real, fatty, high-calorie comfort food meatloaf. I can taste almost no difference between this meatloaf and the one I usually do (which is also a crockpot recipe but is much, much higher in fat). If I think about it then I can tell I'm eating turkey, but if I add a simple gravy made from a fat-free beef stock, flour and some of the juices from the meatloaf it really becomes a minor detail.
This meatloaf was super-easy, fast to make and turned out beautifully. Best of all it was really easy to slice, which I have not found to be the case with other meatloaf recipes (they usually fall apart when you try to slice them).
My husband wasn't crazy about the oregano, so next time I'll probably just leave it out or maybe substitute with basil. There's lots of room for experimentation--you could add some garlic, too, or maybe just up the amount of black pepper.
I'm still reeling from the fact that this tasted so good and was only four points (on the new PointsPlus WW plan). The servings were surprisingly generous, too, for such a small points value. This is my new meatloaf recipe ... why serve that unhealthy stuff any more when this is just as good? Thanks for posting!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold a 24 inch length of foil in half lengthwise and fit it into the bottom and sides of a 5-6 quart slow cooker insert.
- Put the turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, egg, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well with hands and shape into a loaf.
- Place loaf on foil in slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook until the meatloaf juices run clear and an instant read thermometer registers 165°F in the center.
- It needs 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low heat.
- Combine ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture over meatloaf in the slow cooker, spreading it smooth and cover the slow cooker and cook until the glaze is heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
- With the help of the foil, lift the meatloaf from the slow cooker and transfer it to a platter.
- Discard the foil and cut the loaf into 6 slices.