3 hrs 10 mins
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. 3 points per slice. No liquid is needed to cook this in the crock pot, the foil does the trick and the glaze makes it look less pale in color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1Fold a 24 inch length of foil in half lengthwise and fit it into the bottom and sides of a 5-6 quart slow cooker insert.
- 2Put the turkey, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, egg, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well with hands and shape into a loaf.
- 3Place loaf on foil in slow cooker.
- 4Cover the slow cooker and cook until the meatloaf juices run clear and an instant read thermometer registers 165°F in the center.
- 5It needs 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low heat.
- 6Combine ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a small bowl.
- 7Spoon mixture over meatloaf in the slow cooker, spreading it smooth and cover the slow cooker and cook until the glaze is heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
- 8With the help of the foil, lift the meatloaf from the slow cooker and transfer it to a platter.
- 9Discard the foil and cut the loaf into 6 slices.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue-Glazed Turkey Meatloaf Ww (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese