Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
this came from Mr.Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- Preheat oven to 375°F, coat an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the drumsticks over medium heat, bring to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Place the drumsticks in the baking dish and pour the sauce mixture over them, coating them completely, bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
This was fabulous! All of the flavours worked so well together. I flipped the chicken and spooned the sauce over it a few times while baking, and it was just perfect. The chicken disappeared quickly! Thanks!
DELICIOUS!!!!! My father is a diabetic and he loved this!! Great recipe!