Recipe by echo echo
This makes a pizza-like dish, only with barbecue sauce. A quick, simple, tasty dish for a family supper--a definite kid-pleaser. A 9 1/2-oz package of biscuits gives a relatively thin crust. Use a 16 oz package of biscuits if you want a thicker crust. Update: It may be tempting to substitute ground turkey for ground beef in this recipe to make it more "heart-healthy," but because the beef flavor is an important part of this dish's appeal, I recommend against it. Of course, it's only as good as the barbecue sauce you use, so make sure you use a barbecue sauce--and a hot pepper sauce--you know you like.
Top Review by Khinson
We loved this...we paired it with a corn casserole for dinner the other night, and had enough of both for leftovers the next night. I didn't add the extra biscuits on top like some did, and it was still very tasty. Great meal idea that is cheap, fast, and easy.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco or Texas Pete)
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) canflaky refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese ((4 oz, not American cheese or Velveeta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat the beef and onion in a skillet until the beef is brown and the onion is soft.
- Drain off the fat and return the skillet to the stove.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce; simmer while preparing crust.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits, place in and ungreased 13 X 9-inch pan, and press together over the bottom to form a crust.
- Spread the meat mixture over dough.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° 15-20 minutes.