Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces olives, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, feta cheese, olives, oregano, and pepper until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 6 and form each portion into balls.
- Turn each ball onto a lightly floured surface and pres between two plates to form burgers.
- Cook over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve hot.
Yummy, they were quite good.
These are very good and have a great flavor. I also used less feta and there was still plenty. My only problem was that were a little dry. We used moist toppings and that helped a lot.
Nice recipe Mille! I'm not a huge turkey burger fan, but both DH and I agree that this recipe will make quite a few appearances on our grill this season. I too cut down on olives (just under 2 ounces) and on feta (about 2 ounces was more than plenty)...in fact I'm not sure the burgers would have held together if I'd used the whole 8 oz! Quick, tasty, healthy...can't ask for much more.