This recipe from Chatelaine magazine is a great way to use up leftover barbecued chicken, grilled corn, and grilled peppers. You can simplify things like I did by using cooked corn kernels and roasted peppers out of a jar. The dressing is tasty, too. You can use all mayonnaise or all yogurt if preferred, instead of using half of each as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, heart
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 1 red pepper, preferably grilled, chopped
- 1Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a big bowl along with the drained beans and chicken.
- 2Add the corn and peppers to the lettuce mixture.
- 3In a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise with the yogurt, garlic, chipotle and Cajun seasoning.
- 4Taste and add more chipotle and seasoning if desired.
- 5Drizzle over the lettuce mixture and toss until well coated.
- 6Sprinkle with ground black pepper if you like.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Encore Salad
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.3
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 619.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo