Recipe by ellie_
This is a two step process - parboiling the duck and then roasting it on the barbecue. Recipe source: Mastering Barbecue
Top Review by karen in tbay
They looked great, and the family said tasted okay when hot but I only got to taste it cold, hours later and I found no flavour. So into a great marinade from another recipe for a soup.
- 1 duck
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce (or other hot sauce like Tabascio)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the duck and pat dry.
- Par-boil the duck in a large soup pot and drain.
- Dry duck with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter, juices, chopped onion, hot sauce, Worcestershire, garlic salt and pepper.
- Stuff duck with quartered onion and orange.
- Make a slit in the lower side of each breast.
- Place duck on rack in a roasting pan and brush with the butter sauce.
- Cover duck with foil and roast in a medium high barbecue for 1 1/2 hours or until tender; basting with sauce every 10 -15 minutes or so.
- Remove foil and roast and additional 20 minutes or until browned.