2 hrs 30 mins
This is a two step process - parboiling the duck and then roasting it on the barbecue. Recipe source: Mastering Barbecue
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the duck and pat dry.
- 2Par-boil the duck in a large soup pot and drain.
- 3Dry duck with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Combine butter, juices, chopped onion, hot sauce, Worcestershire, garlic salt and pepper.
- 5Stuff duck with quartered onion and orange.
- 6Make a slit in the lower side of each breast.
- 7Place duck on rack in a roasting pan and brush with the butter sauce.
- 8Cover duck with foil and roast in a medium high barbecue for 1 1/2 hours or until tender; basting with sauce every 10 -15 minutes or so.
- 9Remove foil and roast and additional 20 minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Duck
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1530.2
- Calories from Fat 1330
- Total Fat 147.8 g
- Saturated Fat 56.5 g
- Cholesterol 301.9 mg
- Sodium 463.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 37.5 g