Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for ribs, pork, and chicken on the grill! Can be used just before cooking, or rubbed in before meats are put into a marinade. :)
- 14.79 ml black peppercorns
- 14.79 ml coriander seed
- 2.46 ml whole cloves
- 4.92 ml brown mustard seeds
- 29.58 ml sweet paprika
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- Heat peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, and mustard seed in a small dry skillet over medium heat, swirling pan gently, until they become fragrant; remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Grind peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, and mustard seeds to a powder in a mortar or spice mill; pour mixture into a small bowl, and add other ingredients, mixing well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use: rub mixture on meats or ribs at least 15 minutes before cooking, and leave at room temperature.
- Can coat and leave refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance.
I made a double batch as I BBQ a lot and I am so glad I did. I used it on chicken and it was scrumptious. I rubbed the chicken the evening before and left it in the fridge until BBQtime the next day Thanks Sue great rub!
This was so good I am going to do what Bergy said and make double batches of this! Absolutely fabulous! I rub it on everything now..corn...fish....thank you SO much for sharing this wonderful blend! LA :-)