Prep 30 mins
Cook 21 mins
These are different, due to adding the chopped pork, but LORD! are they good!
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped smoked pork
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add water to a depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain and fill pan with cold water and ice. Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Stir in pork, and next 4 ingredients; blend well.
- Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Garnish with a shaking of paprika.
I took this recipe to a graduation party. It was OK, but most who tried it did not care for the smoked meat. If I make this again, I may add more hot sauce to kick it up.