Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, easy, and delicious little snack that is sure to be a hit! The ingredients are simple and can be adjusted to suite your own tastes. Give it a try!
- 1 (12 ounce) package biscuits (I use Grands Golden Layers Butter Tastin')
- 2 -4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons instant onion (minced onion)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the ground beef and then drain off the excess fat.
- Add the barbecue sauce, garlic powder, and instant onion to the cooked beef. Mix well.
- Separate the biscuits and flatten each one into a thin disc (about 1/8th of an inch).Place a biscuit into the well of an ungreased muffin tin.Don't worry if you can't get it fully covered in the tin; what I do is flatten it out as much as I can, put the edges on the tin and then push the centre to the bottom while spreading the biscuit to the walls. Sometimes the top edges release and fall in, and I just pull it up the best I can.
- Spoon some of the beef mixture into each of the biscuit wells and then top with some shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow the cups to cool for a few minutes, then remove the barbecue cups from the muffin tin. If you have any problem, just run a butter knife around the cup to facilitate easy removal (sometimes the cheese sticks to the tin but it's ok).