Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sweet glazed chicken and tasty fried rice makes a great, simple meal. Time does not include marinating.
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 59.16 ml barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml clear honey
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 226.79 g long-grain white rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 99.22 g frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- Mix together the chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, honey, oyster sauce, olive oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Transfer the marinated chicken to a roasting tin.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning now and then, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice to wash out excess starch. Place in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups water and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer over a very low heat for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Spread the rice out on a large plate to cool.
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and heat through. Add the garlic and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the cooled rice and mix thoroughly with the garlic.
- Crack the eggs into the rice and add the cooked peas. Stir-fry until the eggs are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the barbecue chicken with the fried rice.
We enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish for dinner tonight. It was so good. The rice was perfectly cooked and flavored, I added some green onions as garnish. The chicken was just wonderful, tasty, tender and moist. Thanks so much for sharing.