1/1 Photo of Barbecue Chicken With Fried Rice
Sweet glazed chicken and tasty fried rice makes a great, simple meal. Time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces long-grain white rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 1/2 ounces frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- 1Mix together the chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, honey, oyster sauce, olive oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375°F Transfer the marinated chicken to a roasting tin.
- 3Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning now and then, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, rinse the rice to wash out excess starch. Place in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups water and season with salt.
- 5Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer over a very low heat for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 6Spread the rice out on a large plate to cool.
- 7Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and heat through. Add the garlic and stir-fry for one minute.
- 8Add the cooled rice and mix thoroughly with the garlic.
- 9Crack the eggs into the rice and add the cooked peas. Stir-fry until the eggs are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve the barbecue chicken with the fried rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken With Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 255.5 mg
- Sodium 431.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g