Sweet glazed chicken and tasty fried rice makes a great, simple meal. Time does not include marinating.
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces long-grain white rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- Mix together the chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, honey, oyster sauce, olive oil and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Transfer the marinated chicken to a roasting tin.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning now and then, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice to wash out excess starch. Place in a medium-sized heavy saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups water and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer over a very low heat for 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Spread the rice out on a large plate to cool.
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and heat through. Add the garlic and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the cooled rice and mix thoroughly with the garlic.
- Crack the eggs into the rice and add the cooked peas. Stir-fry until the eggs are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the barbecue chicken with the fried rice.