Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I liked this spicy and good recipe for Barbecue Chicken Wings. All Recipes - Submitted By: Jean Ann Herritt - (Adapted from Taste of Home Magazine.)
- 1360.77 g whole chicken wings
- 473.18 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml honey
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml curry powder (optional)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections and discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15" x 10"x 1" baking tray.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings and add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- If you deep fry the chicken before you throw it in the crock pot, and leave it be for awhile, it definitely hits the "falls off the bone" state.
- 3 pounds of uncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for the whole chicken wings. and omit the first step.
I made these wings for Super Bowl Sunday. Very easy to make. They were a big hit with everyone. I followed the recipe as stated. I like my wings a little on the hot side so next time I will add more (1 tsp) of the hot pepper sauce to give them a little more kick.
This recipe is absolutely amazing! I recently tried this recipe and it works magically. I personally dont like bones so I will definitely try it with boneless chicken breasts the next time I make it.