Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick and very tasty recipe I got from my Mother. I also use chicken thighs and double the amounts because we can't get enough of it and all our friends rave about this recipe. Prep time is about 15 minutes.
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup or 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Keen's dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place chicken parts in bottom of roasting pan.
- In large pot combine all other ingredients and bring to a boil on top of stove. Remove and pour over chicken in roasting pan .Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.
- A nice quick,low hassle recipe.