Recipe by JustJanS
I got this recipe from my friend Gay many years ago. She included a tablespoon of cornstarch in the sauce mix, I like to remove the wings, pop the baking tray over my burner and boil it to reduce it.
Top Review by I'mPat
Finger licking good. I made as per the recipe for 1K of wings and then decided to make another batch of sauce and so glad I did so there was plenty to pour over the wings and the rice we had on the side. We were all wishing there had been more. I baked at 160C non-fan forced for the 1 hour 15 minutes and they were beautifully tender fall of the bones finger licking good. Thank you JustJanS, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
- 2 kg chicken wings, pinion removed (tip)
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onions or 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325f.
- Place the wings in one layer in a large baking dish.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour over the wings, place in the oven, and cook for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the wings to a serving platter, place the baking dish on your hotplate, and boil until the sauce reaches a nice thick consistency.
- Pour it over the wings, and serve with lots of napkins!