Cook1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Gay many years ago. She included a tablespoon of cornstarch in the sauce mix, I like to remove the wings, pop the baking tray over my burner and boil it to reduce it.
- 2 kg chicken wings, pinion removed (tip)
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onions or 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325f.
- Place the wings in one layer in a large baking dish.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour over the wings, place in the oven, and cook for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the wings to a serving platter, place the baking dish on your hotplate, and boil until the sauce reaches a nice thick consistency.
- Pour it over the wings, and serve with lots of napkins!