Terri Perkins's Note:
This is the perfect recipe for using up any leftover barbecued chicken. This soup is so tasty, plan ahead and make extra chicken every time you grill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 barbecued grilled chicken breasts, shredded
- 6 -8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons barbecue of the americas seasoning
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Bring chicken stock to a boil.
- 2Add the shredded chicken and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Saute onion and barbecue seasoning in oil until tender.
- 4Add onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and remaining seasonings to the soup.
- 5Cook until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 651.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
barbecue of the americas seasoning