Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (9 ounce) packageuncooked Barilla lasagna
- 4 chicken breast halves, grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, 1/4 inch thick strips, roasted and cut
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/4 inch thick strips, roasted and cut
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce (or more as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Turn off heat and add lasagna noodles.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Remove lasagna noodles to platter to cool.
- To prepare roll-ups, place lasagna noodles on flat surface.
- Divide chicken and bell pepper strips among lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle each lasagna noodle with about 1 tablespoon cheese and roll up, being careful to keep ingredients wrapped inside.
- Spray 9X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1V2 cups barbecue sauce into baking dish and spread evenly to cover bottom.
- Place roll-ups into dish.
- Pour additional barbecue sauce over roll-ups and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to brown cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
These are yummy! I used sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce. Next time I will make a few changes. First, soaking the noodles for 5 minutes wasn't enough for my noodles. The end result was really chewy noodles that were hard to cut through. 2nd, I would chop the peppers and chicken instead of cutting into strips. Hopefully that would make them easier to roll up. 3rd, I would cover these while baking for most of the baking time. I will definitely make again!
MMM, this was great! I ended up shredding my chicken breast instead of leaving them slices, I found it easier to spread out over the noodles that way. Loved this recipe - simple but delicious. Thanks for sharing
Oh My Gosh! These are the best! Thank you so much ~ this is a new family favorite.