Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In 'Quesadillas' by Donna Kelly
Make and share this Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- Remove meat from chicken, cutting into small pieces as you go; discard skin, fat, bones.
- Toss chicken with barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- In another bowl, toss onion, cilantro, and cheese together.
- Lay 4 tortillas on the counter and spread about 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each.
- Spread 1 cup chicken mixture over cheese.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 cup cheese mixture over top.
- Slide one of the cheese-covered tortillas into a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Place one of the remaining tortillas on top.
- Press down with a wide spatula to remove any air pockets.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes, checking frequently, until bottom tortilla is crisp and browned.
- Turn over, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- Repeat this process for remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.