Recipe by Charmie777
I've been making these for years. I love it when I have leftover chicken, so I get to make these! I've also made them with leftover turkey. Ingredient amounts are approximate. Feel free to adjust to your liking!
Top Review by rosie316
OMG... I made these quite awhile ago... July 8th to be exact. I made them and was raving to another reviewer (pammyowl) about how great they were, so she decided to make them, also. I used some left-over chicken and bottled BBQ sauce. I did not heat them in a pot or pan, I zapped it in a bowl in the micro-wave while I was sauteing the bell pepper & onion (time saver and less mess). I did not use cilantro. The only ingredient that was different was that I used "Pepper Jack" cheese instead of "Monterey Jack" (it was what I had at the time). After sauteing the veggies, I wiped out the non-stick skillet with a paper towel and did not add butter to the tortillas (not needed, in my opinion). I love almost any quesadilla that I have made or ones that I can get my hands on, but never once thought of BBQ Chicken as an option! Hubby & I loved them! Thank you for posting. (Made for "Name That Ingredient" tag)
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin (red or green) (optional)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, shredded
- 118.29-236.59 ml barbecue sauce
- 236.59-473.18 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- additional barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and bell peppers (if using) in pan with butter. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In another pan heat through shredded chicken with bbq sauce.
- Lightly butter one side of a tortilla.
- Place butter side down in saute pan.
- Quickly add some of the cheese, chicken and onions (peppers and cilantro, if using) to one half of tortilla. Then quickly fold in half forming a semi-circle.
- Continue to cook until bottom side is golden brown, then carefully flip quesadilla over.
- Brown other side and remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with additional barbecue sauce.