Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
this recipe comes from "webtrition." i work in a hospital kitchen where i am one of the cooks. the original recipe is for 50 servings, but i posted it on here to a more reasonable size. (if i can figure out how to...:-) ) i'm also guessing on the cooking time, because i've never actually timed it. anyways, this is really tasty, although i personally don't like the jalapenos, so i don't add them. enjoy!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cooked pulled chicken
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, cut julienne style
- 1⁄4 cup leek, cut julienne style
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine chicken and bbq sauce. stir to blend. heat over medium heat until done (165 F).
- heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat. add minced red onions and peppers and cook until onions are translucent. reduce heat to low. add garlic, continue to cook about 1 minute. do not burn garlic!
- increase heat to high and add chicken broth, bringing to boil. gradually add cornmeal while constantly stirring. when all of the cornmeal has been incorporated, transfer to a greased oven safe dish.
- cover dish and place in oven, stirring every 10 minutes until creamy. remove from oven, stir in salted butter, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- while dish is in oven, do the following steps: melt unsalted butter in a saute pan. add brown sugar and heat over medium until syrupy. add julienne veggies and saute until al dente. do not overcook!
- when oven dish is creamy, pour the chicken over it. top with the onions and leeks.
- place back in oven uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until set.
- can be garnished with chopped chives, parsley, and/or parmesan cheese.