Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
From America's Test Kitchen---The Best Simple Recipes
Make and share this Barbecue Chicken Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 lb) ball ready made pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Combine chicken, barbecue sauce, and 2 Tablespoons cilantro in bowl. Toss onion and 1 Tablespoon oil in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Brushed rimmed baking sheet with 2 Tablespoons oil. On lightly floured counter, roll dough into 16 by 9-inch oval (about 1/4 inch thick) and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with remaining oil and bake until dough begins to brown and bubble, about 6 minutes.
- 3. Scatter chicken mixture over dough and top with onion mixture. Bake until onion begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over pizza and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Whisk sour cream, lime juice, and remaining cilantro in bowl, then drizzle over pizza as desired. Slice and serve, passing remaining sauce at table.