Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Homemade simple recipe for barbecue chicken pizza. I have won over so many people who don't usually like bbq chicken pizzas with this recipe! Try it out!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, precooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce (your favorite, mine is Famous Dave's sweet and tangy!)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt, cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces pizza crusts (2 tandoori naan flatbreads work best for me)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat up the olive oil over medium heat, and add the garlic and onion. Cook until caramelized.
- Place naan flatbreads on a sheet pan and spread a layer (as if you were putting on pizza sauce) of bbq sauce around the tops, leaving an edge so it doesn't spill over and make a mess.
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken, and bacon crumbles, over top of the naan and then distribute the onion and garlic evenly.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and drizzle a little more bbq sauce over top if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 mins or until the cheese is melty.
- Slice up into 4 pieces per naan. Be aware that you will have to eat this with a fork and knife.the naan doesn't hold up to the moisture, but it's the best tasting bread I've made it with. Use a pre-made pizza crust if you want it to be eaten like a pizza.
Great pizza!! Made with pre-made wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's and some leftover grilled chicken that I minced up. Loved the caramelized onions and that you can add as much or as little BBQ sauce as you want. Made for PAC Spring 2014.