Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my favorite type of pizza, and the boys (big and little alike) love it. How I wish there was a Trader Joe's where I could get quick and good pizza dough. Sigh. This was originally a calzone recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I have modified it accordingly.
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 453.59 g pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan to drain on paper towels; crumble.
- Drain all but a tablespoon of fat from the skillet. Add the onion and shredded chicken to the hot bacon grease in the pan.
- Fry over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in barbecue sauce or more to taste, and remove from heat.
- Mix in the cooked bacon.
- Roll the pizza crust dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. Spread barbecue sauce on dough. Top with mozzarella cheese, and then finally chicken mixture. Sprinkle chopped cilantro on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve.
I would like to apply for the position of making this recipe. As the maker and owner of many exquisite pizza recipes myself, I feel sure that I am qualified for this position. I have MANY references that I can provide. Have I talked you into it?
Yum, this is a great variation! Shredding the chicken is a great idea - it really covered the whole pizza that way, versus chopping it. Thanks for sharing! Best of 2012 Tag
Great pizza!! It was so easy to make and had tons of flavor. I left out the cilantro (do NOT like it) and was not paying attention to the recipe when I topped the pizza and put the chicken mixture on first and then the cheese. Had a little bit of leftover chicken mixture so will make a personal pizza or sandwich with it. Going into my Best of Cookbook. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.