Recipe by lawmama
This is my favorite type of pizza, and the boys (big and little alike) love it. How I wish there was a Trader Joe's where I could get quick and good pizza dough. Sigh. This was originally a calzone recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I have modified it accordingly.
Top Review by gailanng
I would like to apply for the position of making this recipe. As the maker and owner of many exquisite pizza recipes myself, I feel sure that I am qualified for this position. I have MANY references that I can provide. Have I talked you into it?
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb pizza dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from the pan to drain on paper towels; crumble.
- Drain all but a tablespoon of fat from the skillet. Add the onion and shredded chicken to the hot bacon grease in the pan.
- Fry over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in barbecue sauce or more to taste, and remove from heat.
- Mix in the cooked bacon.
- Roll the pizza crust dough out onto a greased cookie sheet. Spread barbecue sauce on dough. Top with mozzarella cheese, and then finally chicken mixture. Sprinkle chopped cilantro on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve.