Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cheesy, creamy, and flavorful.
Make and share this Barbecue Chicken Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta according to directions; set aside.
- Heat a small skillet; place the pat of butter in it; melt it; add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is hot.
- Chop or shred the blocked cheese. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken; add macaroni; toss the barbecue sauce in making sure that it covers all of it.
- In a large pot add the milk and all the cheeses and melt it, folding the pasta in as it heats to a bubbling.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.