Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Barbecue Chiken Dinner Packets
- pam original nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup hunt's original barbecue sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced small red potatoes (4 to 6 potatoes)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat according to manufacturer's directions. Place four 18x2-inch pieces of heavy foil on counter. Spray each with cooking spray. For each packet, spread a generous teaspoon barbecue sauce in center. Place 1/2 cup potatoes in single layer over sauce. Spoon another teaspoon sauce over potatoes.
- Top potatoes with chicken. Spoon 1 teaspoon sauce over each breast. Top each with 1/4th bell pepper, onion and black pepper. Bring up short sides of each foil packet and double fold top. Double fold both ends to seal each packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Place packets on grate of covered grill. Gril 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F) and potatoes are tender. Carefully open packets; sprinkle 1/4th cheese on top of each breast. Close foil and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- COOK'S TIPS:.
- Packets may be baked in shallow pan in 425°F oven 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers and potatoes are tender.
When I opened the foil packets, my first thought was perfection. This recipe was so good. I plan to add about a quarter cup of corn to the packet next time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful dish.