2 hrs 20 mins
Barbecue and cornbread - no surprise I found this recipe on the White Lily website :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, 105 to 115 degrees
- 2 cups white lily self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups white lily bread flour
- 1 tablespoon crisco extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese or 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1Marinate chicken breasts in refrigerator in 1 cup of barbecue sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add cornmeal mix, salt, and sugar, and stir to combine. Gradually add flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl and is soft.
- 3Flour your hands and turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead by turning and folding for 10 minutes or pulse in food processor or electric mixer.
- 4Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into a medium bowl. Place dough into bowl and turn once to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down the dough. Dough may be used immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- 5If using refrigerated dough, allow dough to sit at room temperature to warm for 30 minutes before rolling.
- 6Heat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat two pizza pans or baking sheets with olive oil or no-stick cooking spray.
- 7Divide dough in half and make into two balls. Sprinkle pan surfaces with flour or cornmeal. Roll dough to fit and place on prepared pans. Let the dough rise in pans about 15 minutes. Bake for 12 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- 8To prepare the chicken: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. cover with foil. Bake until the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces.
- 9Spread 1/2 cup of remaining barbecue sauce on each pizza crust. Top with chicken and vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 10. Remove from oven and top each pizza with 1 cup of shredded cheese. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken Cornbread Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 564.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white lily self-rising cornmeal mix