Recipe by Debala
A nice twist to a Chicken Cobb salad. To get grilled flavor in every bite of this salad, cubed chicken is threaded onto skewers, brushed with barbecue sauce and grilled.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Nice flavorful, light and easy dinner. I used sauteed chicken tossed with bbq sauce, but looking forward to making again using grilled bbq chicken. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens (iceberg lettuce kind)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce in large bowl.
- Cut cucumber in half crosswise and remove seeds.
- Slice cucumber and onion.
- Then cut cucumber slices in half.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin.
- Dice avocado and tomatoes.
- Arrange cucumber, onion, avocado, tomatoes and cheese in diagonal rows, leaving a row open down center.
- Cover; refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Thread onto four 12-inch skewers and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place kebabs on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally and brushing with barbecue sauce.
- Discard any remaining barbecue sauce.
- Remove chicken from grill; cool slightly and remove from skewers.
- Arrange chicken down center of salad; sprinkle with bacon, if desired.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently and serve immediately.