1/1 Photo of Barbecue Chicken Bundles
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe a long time ago from a Land O Lakes cooking mag. This is excellent for summer BBQ's as a steak or burger alternative. You can also use different types of cheese as well. You can also broil this dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn over and cook for 20 minutes. You will need to half cook the bacon first if you broil this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare grill: place coals to one side.
- 2Heat until coals are ash white.
- 3Prepare aluminum foil drip pan, place opposite coals.
- 4Make slit in each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- 5Place 1 chunk of cheese in each pocket.
- 6Roll each chicken piece into a bundle, and wrap bacon criss cross (2 slices) around chicken.
- 7Secure bacon with wooden picks.
- 8Place bundles on grill over drip pan.
- 9Grill, turning every 15 minutes, for 30 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- 10Baste with barbecue sauce during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- 11If crisp bacon is desired, place bacon over direct heat, turning 2-3 times during the last 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken Bundles
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 159.2 mg
- Sodium 727.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 51.7 g