Recipe by Mooseybear
I got this recipe a long time ago from a Land O Lakes cooking mag. This is excellent for summer BBQ's as a steak or burger alternative. You can also use different types of cheese as well. You can also broil this dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn over and cook for 20 minutes. You will need to half cook the bacon first if you broil this dish!
Top Review by idaframe
I used Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce to make this recipe. Loved the flavor of the cheese and bacon along with the sauce. Made for one delicious meal. We really enjoyed! Thanks Moosey!
- 4 (12 ounce) whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, chunks
- 16 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill: place coals to one side.
- Heat until coals are ash white.
- Prepare aluminum foil drip pan, place opposite coals.
- Make slit in each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Place 1 chunk of cheese in each pocket.
- Roll each chicken piece into a bundle, and wrap bacon criss cross (2 slices) around chicken.
- Secure bacon with wooden picks.
- Place bundles on grill over drip pan.
- Grill, turning every 15 minutes, for 30 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender.
- Baste with barbecue sauce during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- If crisp bacon is desired, place bacon over direct heat, turning 2-3 times during the last 10 minutes.