Recipe by * Pamela *
This recipe can be easily doubled. This freezes wonderfully and makes a great meal/snack to have on hand. You can also make these and eat them hot out of the oven. This recipe was created for Ready, Set, Cook! #6
Top Review by deepfreeze
These were quite tasty. I didn't have the mushrooms, so I left them out. I made these to use up some barbecue chicken leftovers and they turned out well. The dough comes together easily, although they are somewhat on the large side so I may make them smaller next time. An easy meal from the freeze for a busy night.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 14.78 ml basil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 158.51 ml warm water
- 29.57 ml instant powdered milk
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml margarine or 9.85 ml butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese or 236.59 ml your favourite cheese
- 414.03 ml barbecue sauce, your favourite
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dough: Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and basil.
- Add milk powder to water and stir until dissolved, add to dry mixture.
- Add eggs and melted butter and mix well.
- Set aside while making the filling.
- For the filling: Cook onions in butter over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add chicken and mushroom pieces and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in barbecue sauce and cheese.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll out into 8 inch circles.
- Place 3/4 cup - 1 cup of filling in each circle.
- Fold dough in half and seal edges tightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until top begins to brown slightly.
- For OAMC: Cool and freeze at this point.
- Defrost in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Serve warm with extra barbecue sauce to dip if desired.