Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Insanely easy and tasty one dish meal for anyone on a budget...Reminder: DONT use normal rice, use Minute Rice as stated and you WONT need any additional fluids!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (Perdue preferred)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (Del Monte preferred)
- In a skillet, brown chicken in the oil; stir in the barbecue sauce and water.
- Cover and simmer on med-low for 20 min; stir in the rice and corn; cover and simmer on low for 5 more minute.
- Serve with a tossed salad for a nice basic meal!
I stuck pretty closely to the recipe, but rather than cook the chicken in the sauce and water, I cut the chicken into cubes and sauteed them with a little S&P, then added the sauce and water, then the rice, and then the corn, covered, and let cook until done. I also added an extra quarter cup water because I did not want the rice to come out dry. I stirred in the remainin bbq sauce from the bottle just before serving, about a third of a cup or so, which I thought it needed. In summary, I like this recipe, but I think it needs some more vegetables such as some onion and zucchini in addition to the corn. I didn't cook the chicken in the sauce and water because I wasn't sure there would be enough liquid in the pan to cook the rice. But, with these minor changes, the recipe is very good.