Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very flavorful, fun and low fat pizza to make at home. Something different than the same old thing, my son likes it too.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand)
- 16 ounces pizza dough, pre-baked (something like Boboli)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450F- rack in center Spray a non-stick skillet and stir-fry chicken over medium-high heat, about 10 mins.
- Transfer chicken to medium-size bowl and toss with half barbecue sauce.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with 3/4C cheese.
- Arrange chicken and black beans over crust; sprinkle with onion and cilantro.
- Drizzle with remaining barbecue sauce; add remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese bubbles- Serve immediately.
I thought this was good, and different. I used some Kraft barbecue sauce, and I thought it was a bit too bland, but otherwise I wouldn't change anything (and that is not the recipe's fault). I used a homemade crust, which I topped unbaked and then baked it for 20 min. per the recipe for the crust.
Great pizza and VERY popular with the guy of the house in particular. Lots of flavor from minimal ingredients. I'd probably use more barbecue sauce next time. I baked it at 425° for 20 minutes.