Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The secret's in the sauce!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Prepare sauce by combining ketchup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar honey, cider vinegar, garlic powder and mustard powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring all to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on chicken.
I used garlic powder in place of the garlic salt to cut down on the sodium. The sauce was excellent with a sweet and a bit tangy flavor, and made the chicken taste delicious. We grilled the chicken and brushed the sauce on a few times while it was grilling. Also, I stuck some sauce up under the chicken so it would really get into the chicken for more flavor. We will have this again because my pack of chicken loving kids really loved it!.