From The Great Big Burger Book
Make and share this Barbecue Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (or extra-sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 toasted sesame seed rolls or 6 onion rolls
- lettuce leaf
- sliced tomato
- In a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients together until well combined; shape into 6 patties, each 1-inch thick.
- Lightly oil the grill or grill pan over med-high heat; cook the burgers to the desired degree of doneness—at least 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Top with the cheese and onion for the last minutes of cooking.
- Serve it up on toasted sesame see buns; top off with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.