Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book
Make and share this Barbecue Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (or extra-sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 toasted sesame seed rolls or 6 onion rolls
- lettuce leaf
- sliced tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients together until well combined; shape into 6 patties, each 1-inch thick.
- Lightly oil the grill or grill pan over med-high heat; cook the burgers to the desired degree of doneness—at least 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Top with the cheese and onion for the last minutes of cooking.
- Serve it up on toasted sesame see buns; top off with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
This was a nice burger. I really enjoyed the mesquite flavor on these too - in fact, I added a little more as a condiment on the burger. Thanks ratherbeswimmin'. Made for the I Recommend tag game.
These burgers were very good, however it seemed that they were missing a specialized condiment for a topping. I would suggest mixing mayo with BBQ sauce for a zesty topper in addition to the tomato and lettuce. Overall, a keeper and will definitely make it again! Yum!
These burgers were so great tasting and they really turned out great. We all really enjoyed the flavors in these burgers! This recipe is a keeper and is going into my favorites folder. Thanks alot NurseDi....