Recipe by MrsKnox2016
I pilfered this recipe from one of those checkout line cookbooks and it's been a family favorite ever since. Hearty, barbecue flavored beef and beans meets chili pie in this quick, easy dish for the entire gang!
Top Review by *pink*
This was very good and super fast and easy. I did modify it after adding everything to fit my tastes. I added more ketchup, mustard, garlic, onion powder, worschershire sauce, and some dry basil. It had a nice bbq flavor. When serving I added a small little dollop of sour cream on top. My bf said he really liked it as well. We're having the left overs for supper tonight. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounces baked beans
- 1 onion
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- corn chips
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet.
- Remove and cook diced onion and sliced bacon until onion is soft and bacon is crisp.
- Add ground beef back into skillet and keep warm.
- Empty baked beans into 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add in ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Combine ground beef mixture with baked bean mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with corn chips and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place back into oven and allow for cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.
- *This recipe is good served cold as well*.
- *You can shortcut this recipe by using your favorite bottled barbeque sauce.*.