Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I pilfered this recipe from one of those checkout line cookbooks and it's been a family favorite ever since. Hearty, barbecue flavored beef and beans meets chili pie in this quick, easy dish for the entire gang!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounces baked beans
- 1 onion
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- corn chips
- cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet.
- Remove and cook diced onion and sliced bacon until onion is soft and bacon is crisp.
- Add ground beef back into skillet and keep warm.
- Empty baked beans into 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add in ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Combine ground beef mixture with baked bean mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with corn chips and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place back into oven and allow for cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.
- *This recipe is good served cold as well*.
- *You can shortcut this recipe by using your favorite bottled barbeque sauce.*.
This was very good and super fast and easy. I did modify it after adding everything to fit my tastes. I added more ketchup, mustard, garlic, onion powder, worschershire sauce, and some dry basil. It had a nice bbq flavor. When serving I added a small little dollop of sour cream on top. My bf said he really liked it as well. We're having the left overs for supper tonight. Thanks for the recipe!
My husband was delihted when I made this for him!