Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- 1 leaf lettuce
- beefsteak tomato, slices
- 1 cup steak sauce (such as A. 1.)
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over high heat.
- Add bee to a large bowl along with garlic, finely chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, mix the liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, and grill seasoning; pour mixture over the meat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Combine the ingredients well; form four 1-inch thick patties.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side; top with cheese and let it melt during the last minute or two of cooking.
- Place the meat on the toasted roll bottoms; top with lettuce, tomato, and thinly sliced onions.
- Pour the steak sauce on the roll tops and set into place.